Sunday, August 19, 2007

Disappointing

I had some free time Saturday evening to get on the air and try a hand at the New Jersey QSO Party. It was a disappointing experience.

First off, the bands seemed to be pretty dead. 20 Meters had nil signals on it; and 40 Meters didn't sound much better. I called "CQ NJQP' and "CQ de NJ" for the better part of 30 minutes without any takers. I went scanning through the frequencies on 40 Meters and didn't hear anyone else putting out any calls for the NJ QSO Party, either.

80 Meters was slightly better. A CQ there yielded two whole contacts! K3WWP - John in PA and WB2UFV in Morris Plains, NJ. To say I was underwhelmed with my results would be highly accurate.

Maybe next year will be better with more solar activity to make the bands more active. Here's hoping, anyway!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment