Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Willys

This morning, after showering and shaving, I left the house to go grocery shopping. It was a picture perfect day. Not a cloud in the sky, the sky itself was a deep, deep azure blue. The sun was shining intently and everything around me seemed crystal clear, like I had better than 20/20 vision. The air was crisp, with a hint of Fall in it.

The last time I walked out of the house and noticed the same beautiful start to a day was September 11, 2001.

Needless to say, with the occurences of the past few days; I was a bit unnerved.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank our intelligence community, as well as that of Great Britain and all the other nations who worked hard to foil this latest dastardly threat. "Thank you" from this American citizen.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment