Thursday, July 27, 2006

Another pelt

I joined in on the QRP-L 20 Meter Summer Foxhunt tonight and bagged one of the two "Foxes". I worked Juan KG4FSN who hails from Florida. I was fortunate enough to work him on my first call to him. He was 579 here in NJ and he gave me the customary QRP 559.

I say that I was fortunate to work Juan on my first call; because by rights, I probably shouldn't have turned on the radio at all. There have been thunderstorms rolling through all evening. It so happened there was a lull; and I found Juan and worked him very quickly. Immediately after, I pulled the plug and disconnected everything; but it looks like the lull has signalled the end of the storms, as it has been relatively quiet ever since.

But, since there's no sense in taking chances, the station will remain quiet for the rest of the evening.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment